CHBC’s Monday Kickoff for Long Beach Gala Is But One Example!
Partners and sponsors are gearing up for ACT Expo 2016, which takes place May 2-5 at Southern California’s Long Beach Convention Center.
To cite just one example, the California Hydrogen Business Council is hosting its day-long CHBC Spring Summit on Monday, May 2 – a forum for businesses, academia, and government agencies to explore hydrogen and fuel cells “through intelligent conversation, surprising presentations and thought-provoking sessions.”
NACFE, the North American Council for Freight Efficiency, is hosting a Trucking Efficiency Workshop on the morning of Tuesday, May 3: NACFE and the Carbon War Room will discuss efforts to reduce the fuel consumption and emissions of Class 8 trucks – which burn as much as 18,000 gallons of diesel per year each.
Big Discounts for Fleet Managers
West Virginia’s National Alternative Fuels Training Consortium – which will promote a new training package for Clean Cities coordinators at ACT Expo – has issued complimentary Expo Hall passes. NAFTC has reminded its prospects that all persons who manage fleets of five or more vehicles may be eligible for a VIP Fleet pass covering full conference access as well.
Also at ACT Expo 2016:
- ACT Expo organizer Gladstein, Neandross & Associates is hosting a Game Changer forum on the morning of Tuesday, May 3 – and will release a new White Paper on how Cummins Westport’s new near-zero natural gas engine, powered by RNG/renewable natural gas, could change the heavy duty vehicles landscape;
- GNA and WTS International are hosting the Women in ACT: Driving Sustainability with Values, Vision, and Voice workshop on the morning of Tuesday, May 3;
- UPS Global Fleet Maintenance & Engineering president Carlton Rose is a keynote speaker on the afternoon of Tuesday, May 3;
- Tucker Perkins, chief business development officer at PERC, the Propane Education & Research Council, will open a general session on The Future of Urban Mobility on the morning of Wednesday, May 4;
- The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) and the Plug-In Electric Vehicle Collaborative are hosting the Charging Ahead with EVs general session on the morning of Thursday, May 5;
- also on Thursday morning, the Executive Roundtable: Achieving Corporate Sustainability Goals: Zeroing in on Transportation features executives from Coca-Cola, Penske, Walmart and Unilever;
- Eric Olson of BSR/Business for Social Responsibility will moderate the Advancing Sustainability in Goods Movement workshop on Thursday morning;
- SoCalGas president and CEO Dennis Arriola will give the Thursday morning keynote speech;
- The California Air Resources Board, California Energy Commission and Caltrans will unveil a Joint Sustainable Freight Action Plan at 11:00am on Thursday; and
- BSR’s Future of Fuels Spring Forum on Thursday afternoon) will feature the launch of the “Fuel Tool,” designed with UPS, Walmart, PepsiCo, and Coca-Cola to provide fleet owners and managers with credible data to compare the climate impacts, sustainability challenges and trade-offs, and best practices for the fuels they use and are considering using.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with Fleets & Fuels follow-up