New Markets, Like the ‘Virtual Pipeline,’ Eyed in Dallas
The recent High Horsepower Summit 2015 conference and exhibition in Dallas attracted a substantial number of natural gas vehicles industry representatives.
The HHP Summit emphasizes natural gas for ships, trains, mining vehicles and energy E&P (energy and production; drill rigs and frack spreads) and as such tends usually to draw on off-road audience.
Among the NGV specialists in Dallas were
- NGVAmerica president Matt Godlewski, who told F&F that the association is interested in moving beyond road vehicles to encompass other means of natural gas-fueled transportation;
- AmpCNG, which is looking to increase the capacity utilization of its compressed natural gas fueling stations and sees natural gas-powered E&P equipment, fueled via CNG tube trailer, as a means of doing so;
- ANGI Energy, which is proving CNG compression in Susquehanna County, Pa. for Pentagon Energy, which plans to provide CNG for power generation peak shaving using gas from the Marcellus Shale;
- Clean Energy Fuels, which emphasized liquefied natural gas via its newly branded Clean Energy Cryogenics (formerly NorthStar);
- Consultant Ron Gulmi, of Long Island’s Emerald Alternative Energy Solutions;
- Hexagon Lincoln, with its Titan brand tube trailers for transporting natural gas to off-pipeline customers constituting a “virtual pipeline” opening new natural gas markets;
- Quantum Fuel Systems, which introduced a new virtual pipeline product, the Q-VP650, which uses 51 of the company’s Q-Lite brand all-composite lightweight CNG cylinders. A Q-VP650 trailer can carry up to 645,000 SCF/standard cubic feet of gas – about 4,800 DGE/diesel gallon equivalents – at 5,000 psi; and
- Sparq Natural Gas, which would like to see higher capacity utilization for its CNG stations in Colorado.
Applied LNG and HHP Summit organizer (and Fleets & Fuels and HHP Insight publisher) Gladstein, Neandross & Associates staged the grand opening of Applied’s new Midlothian liquefaction facility to kick off the conference.
HHP Summit 2016, the fifth annual, has been slated for October 11-13 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Fleets & Fuels at HHP Summit 2015 in Dallas