Inaugural Conference and Annual Awards Luncheon
Pasadena, Calif.-based Calstart is holding its annual meeting and Blue Sky Awards luncheon on December 9 at the Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles.
The theme of the inaugural conference is A New Era for Clean Transportation: Pathways for Clean Technologies.
Calstart promises “a compelling one-day exchange focused on key initiatives and strategies designed to help the clean transportation technology industry make a permanent and lasting impact on global vehicle systems.”
‘New Plans and Initiatives’
The gathering is to feature “leading public policy officials, investors, and industry leaders with the sole focus of developing new plans and initiatives that will help clean and low carbon technologies gain market share and become dominant in the transportation marketplace.”
Among the confirmed speakers are
- Chris Grundler, director of the Office of Transportation and Air Quality of the U.S. EPA on EPA Policies and Future Clean Transportation Technologies;
- Dr. Cheryl Martin, acting director of ARPA-E and director of the ARPA-E Technology to Market program on Scaling Up the Next Generation of Clean Technologies;
- Michael Peevey, president of the California Utilities Commission on the Future of the Grid and Why it Matters for Transportation;
- Jan Hellaker of Volvo Trucks, Craig Scott of Toyota’s Advanced Technologies Group and Paul Miles of the combustion engine research program at the Sandia National Laboratory on The Next Generation of Efficient Transportation Technologies – A Fresh look at Alternative Engine Technologies and Advancements;
- Jack Broadbent, executive director of the Bay Area Air Quality Management District/BAAQMD, Richard Corey, executive Director of California Air Resources Board, and the U.S. EPA’s Chris Grundler on Vehicle GHG Standards and Related Policies;
- Puon Penn, executive VP at Wells Fargo’s Technology and Venture Banking Group, Ryan Popple of Proterra (and Kleiner Perkins), John Rhow of PPA Solutions, and Janea Scott, commissioner at the California Energy Commission on The Outlook for Clean Transportation: A Private-Public Investment Partnership;
- Jeff Reed, director of business strategy and advanced technology a Sempra Utilities, Rebecca Boudreaux, president of Oberon Fuels, and Peter Rocha of the Renewable Energy Group on The Next Generation of Clean Fuels; and
- Karen Hamberg, VP for strategic energy futures with Westport Innovations, Stella Li, senior VP at BYD, Paul Beach, president of Octillion Power Systems, and Thomas Dollmeyer, chief engineer at Cummins on The Race for Global Leadership in Clean Transportation – U.S. and China.
BAAQMD and BAE Systems are event sponsors.
The registration fee for the day is $400, discounted to $300 for Calstart members.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Calstart with Fleets & Fuels follow-up