Clean Energy, Love’s, Penske and Westport Open Their Doors
The 2015 Alternative Clean Transportation “ACT” Expo is taking shape, with a trio of tours, on the afternoon of Thursday, May 7, of Dallas-area clean transportation installations. ACT Expo organizer GNA – Gladstein, Neandross & Associates – notes that Dallas is one of the largest growing markets for alternative fueled transportation due to “aggressive fleet operators making the change and support from tremendous statewide incentives and emission reduction programs.”
ACT Expo attendees have the chance to get a behind-the-scenes look at what they’re doing.
ACT Expo itself runs May 4-7 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
Tour One – Penske Truck Rental, Clean Energy Fuels and Westport
- Stop 1: Penske Dallas – A maintenance facility that has been outfitted to maintain natural gas vehicles—including proper ventilation, gas detection and alarm equipment.
- Stop 2: Clean Energy Fuels LNG/LCNG Station – Visit a high-volume natural gas fueling station that provides fuel to a variety of heavy-duty natural gas trucks and other vehicles every single day.
- Stop 3: Westport WiNG Facility – Get a behind-the-scenes look at Westport’s 90,000-square-foot light-duty, natural gas vehicle conversion facility where its WiNG Power System and compressed natural gas fuel tanks are installed on Ford vehicles.
Tour Two – Cambria Energy and Questar Fueling
- Stop 1: McCommas Bluff Biomethane – Get an inside look at this innovative waste-to-energy facility to learn how methane is collected from the landfill, cleaned, and dispensed into the Atmos pipeline.
- Stop 2: Questar Fueling CNG Station – See one of the largest fast-fill CNG stations in North America – a fast-fill heavy-duty truck fueling station with six fueling lanes and three dual-hose dispensers that can accommodate all CNG vehicle types.
Tour Three – Dallas County Schools, Love’s, and City of Cedar Hill
- Stop 1: Dallas County Schools – Home to the largest propane school bus fleet in Texas (560 buses), Dallas County Schools is offering an inside look at their service center featuring a propane autogas fueling station and biodiesel production facility.
Stop 2: Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores CNG Station – Gain a behind-the-scenes look at Love’s brand-new Dallas CNG station, which offers fast-fill for heavy-duty trucks using two high-flow dispensers, as well as a CNG fueling option for traditional autos with a total capacity of 1,200 gasoline gallon equivalents per hour.
- Stop 3: City of Cedar Hill – Explore a government center featuring a solar PV system, a wind turbine, two all-electric Nissan Leafs, four EV charging stations, and a real-time monitoring system that allows citizens to view the amount of energy generated onsite.
Register now and add an ACT Expo tour for just $50 additional
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: GNA/ACT Expo with Fleets & Fuels follow-up