A Stellar Line-Up for This Coming May 4-7 in Dallas
Organizers of the 2015 Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, which is fast approaching in Texas, released the Featured Speaker lineup today. ACT Expo 2015 takes place May 4-7 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
Throughout the four-day event, organizers promise, attendees will gain insight into the promising future of alternative fuels and clean vehicle technologies – electric, hybrid, hydrogen, natural gas, propane autogas, clean diesel, renewables, and efficiency technologies. At ACT Expo, all of the alternatives are represented.
“Leading fleet operators will share insight into the business case behind their commitment to deploying alternative fuel vehicles and expanding infrastructure – despite the recent dip in oil prices,” says ACT Expo organizer (and Fleets & Fuels publisher) GNA – Gladstein, Neandross & Associates.
“From mitigating the impact of volatile petroleum prices to proactively addressing continually tightening emissions regulations, attendees will learn how alternative fuels provide fleets with a competitive advantage in the near- and long-term,” GNA says.
ACT Expo 2015 keynote presentations will be provided by
- Gregg Roden, SVP, productivity & sustainability, Frito-Lay, on Tuesday, May 5: Frito-Lay operates an AFV fleet of nearly 300 electric trucks, 200-plus CNG trucks, 650-plus hybrids, and a growing number of propane autogas and biodiesel vehicles. Roden will tell why the $13 billion division of PepsiCo is set on becoming the most fuel-efficient fleet in the country.
- David Steiner, president & CEO, Waste Management, on Wednesday, May 6: Waste Management operates the largest fleet of heavy-duty trucks in North America. Steiner will discuss the company’s continued leadership role in investing in alternative fuels for vehicles and related infrastructure.
Also at ACT Expo 2015, the energy industry’s most recognized leaders will shed light into the critical role alternative fuels play in the transportation sector. During dynamic plenary sessions, attendees will gain an inside viewpoint on the cyclical nature of oil market pricing, the underlying long-term oil supply-demand imbalance, why it’s inevitable that prices will be heading north again, and how fleets that switch to alternative fuels today will come out on top. Featured industry speakers include:
- T. Boone Pickens, founder, chairman and CEO of BP Capital, and founder of Clean Energy Fuels;
- David J. Porter, commissioner, Railroad Commission of Texas; and
- Rusty Rush, chairman of the board, president, and CEO, Rush Enterprises
ACT Expo attendees will hear from progressive fleet operators that are driving clean transportation innovation in the midst of an ever-changing market. Featured fleet speakers include:
Gary Thomas, president and executive director, Dallas Area Rapid Transit;
- Mayor Greg Ballard, City of Indianapolis (invited);
- Mike Whitlatch, VP, global energy and procurement, UPS;
- Elizabeth Fretheim, director of logistics sustainability, Walmart; and
- Drew Cullen, senior VP of fuels and facilities services, Penske Truck Leasing.
The 2015 ACT Expo program is planned in partnership with leading industry associations, among them the Propane Education and Research Council, the Electric Drive Transportation Association, Trucking Efficiency, NGV Global, BSR Future of Fuels, and the U.S. Department of Energy Clean Cities team.
The full speaker agenda for ACT Expo 2015 will be announced in the coming weeks.
ACT Expo full conference registrations are discounted until Friday, March 13.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with Fleets & Fuels follow-up