President of Global Fleet Maintenance & Engineering
Organizers of the Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo have named UPS Global Fleet Maintenance & Engineering president Carlton Rose as a keynote speaker. He’s to tell why UPS makes sustainability such a key part of its corporate strategy from packaging to delivery.
ACT Expo 2016 takes place May 2-5 at the Long Beach Convention Center in Southern California.
Rose will tell how UPS plans to reach its goal of driving 1 billion clean fuel miles by the end of 2017 – and in doing so has already become the largest consumer of RNG/renewable natural gas –biomethane – in the shipping industry. The company recently committed an additional $100 million for hundreds more over-the-road compressed natural gas tractors and a dozen new fueling facilities support them (F&F, March 15).
‘Four Days of Fleet-Focused Education’
The new CNG trucks will complement existing CNG and LNG tractors, CNG and propane autogas package cars, battery electric vehicles, and others making for a total of more than 6,840 alternative fuel and advanced technology vehicles on the road today. Rose will provide insight into his organization’s top-down commitment to emissions reduction.
ACT Expo will deliver “four days of fleet-focused education on the fuels and technologies driving sustainability on our nation’s roadways.”
Also presenting fleet case studies this year:
- Vartan Yegiyan of the Los Angeles Police Dept.,
- Andrea Pratt of the City of Seattle,
- P.J. Newcomb of Coca-Cola,
- Elizabeth Fretheim of Walmart,
- David Meisel of Pacific Gas & Electric,
- Benjamin Mandel of New York City,
- John Sheehy of Sheehy Mail,
- David Hershey of the U.S. Post Office,
- Roland Cordero of Foothill Transit,
- Len Engel of Antelope Valley Transit,
- Matthew Petersen of the City of Los Angeles,
- Paul Relis of CR&R Waste and Recycling,
- Finn Coyle of Transport for London,
- Kevin Montgomery of Wallypark,
- Drew Cullen of Penske,
- Steve Larsen of Ruan Transport,
- Marty DiFiore of Fiat Chrysler Automotive,
- Gustavo Occhiuzzo of GreenCommuter, and
- Michael Brylawski of Vision Fleet/Evercar.
“Stay the course with alternative fuels and efficiency technologies despite this year’s low oil prices,” says ACT Expo organizer GNA – Fleets & Fuels publisher Gladstein, Neandross & Associates.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with Fleets & Fuels follow-up