Third Annual AltCar Expo in Oakland, Calif. This Month
The third Annual Bay Area AltCar Expo & Conference is slated for May 20-21 at City Hall in Oakland, Calif. As with previous AltCar events, there is a fleet program on Friday and a free public ride-and-drive on both days.
“It makes perfect sense that AltCar would choose to hold its annual Expo in Oakland – a community that has always been at the forefront when it comes to finding and putting into practice innovative ways to protect the natural environment we all share,” Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf said in a AltCar release.
“Oakland Public Works has a longstanding commitment to conserving taxpayer dollars, while improving service delivery to the residents and businesses in the City of Oakland,” said Oakland equipment manager Richard Battersby, who directs the East Bay Clean Cities Coalition and will be a speaker at AltCar.
AFVs en Masse
“We are inviting local government staff to attend our educational sessions on Friday,” Battersby said, “and also extending an invitation to the general public to come out on Friday and Saturday to see and experience the latest in alternative fuel vehicle offerings by taking them for a test drive.”
Organizers promise “the most extensive array of alternative fuel vehicles in one place, including: electric, hybrid electric, hydrogen, natural gas and renewable diesel vehicles.” Partcipating OEMs Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes (and Smart) and GM.
- May 15-18, 2016 APTA Bus & Paratransit Conference in Charlotte, N.C. www.apta.com
- May 25-28, Alternative Fuels World Fair – Natural Gas Vehicles, Biogas, Biomethane, Hydrogen, Propane Autogas. Bologna Fiere exhibition center in Bologna, Italy. Organized by the international NGV Communications Group. www.altfuels2016.com
- June 5-8, EUFMC 2016, Electric Utility Fleet Managers Conference. Williamsburg Lodge and Conference Center in Williamsburg, Va. www.eufmc.com
- June 10, Green Your Fleet Transportation Workshop at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, N.H. Organized by the Granite State Clean Cities Coalition. Free, but registration required. www.granitestatecleancities.nh.gov
- June 19-22, EVS29, the 29th annual World Electric Vehicle Symposium and Exhibition, aka the world electric vehicles show. Palais des Congrès in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Organized and hosted by EDTA, the Washington. D.C.-based Electric Drive Transportation Association. www.evs29.org
- June 20-23, Government Fleet Expo & Conference 2016. Music City Center in, Nashville, Tenn. Organized by Bobit Business Media. Registrations discounted until May 27. www.governmentfleetexpo.com
- July 20-21, EV Roadmap 9 electric vehicle conference at the World Trade Center conference facility in Portland, Ore. Organized by Drive Oregon. www.evroadmapconference.com
- August 23-25, WasteCon 2016 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis. Hosted by SWANA, the Solid Waste Association of North America. swana.org
- September 7-9, 2016 NGVAmerica 29th Annual Meeting & Industry Summit at the at the Hyatt Regency Convention Center in Denver. Executive-style summit: no trade show. www.ngvamerica.org
The 11th Annual AltCar Conference & Expo will take place September 16-17 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in Santa Monica, Calif. www.altcarexpo.com
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Multiple sources with Fleets & Fuels follow-up