Second Biogas Upgrading Installation for the Transport Sector
Montreal-based Xebec Adsorption says it’s commissioned another biogas-to-compressed natural gas upgrading facility in South Korea.
The Daegu City installation upgrades biogas to biomethane to produce CNG for city buses and other public vehicles. Xebec’s biogas upgrading system processes enough raw biogas from food waste – taking it to pipeline quality – to displace approximately 7.2 million liters or 2 million gallons of fossil fuel annually.
Xebec (Toronto:XBC) says that the Daegu City upgrading installation is its second in South Korea providing renewable gas to the transport sector.
Xebec’s BGX units are containerized small scale biogas plants providing
- onsite fuel and energy production;
- a zero emission option – no flare required (includes microturbine);
- a containerized low cost solution – “plug and play;”
- optional ongoing maintenance and operations support; and
- may be applied to farm digesters, wastewater treatment plants, and landfills.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Xebec with Fleets & Fuels follow-up