I-85 Facility Designed ‘With the Heavy-Duty Truck Driver in Mind’
Spire Natural Gas Fueling Solutions has opened a compressed natural gas fueling station in Greer, S.C. aimed at heavy duty truckers plying Interstate 85.
“We designed this station with the heavy-duty truck driver in mind, from easy access to the station and a wide turning radius to fast fueling pumps that get drivers back on the road quickly and safely,” Spire president and COO Peter Stansky says in a release.
The station is located near the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, “a site that is ideal for drivers because it is right off Interstate 85 and next to a full-service convenience store featuring food, drinks and restrooms,” Spire says.
Equipment and features include
- twin ANGI Energy fueling packages with Ariel compressors and dual bed dryers for a high level of efficiency and reliability;
- two cascade storage banks which enable multiple drivers to fuel simultaneously;
- 24/7 monitoring with a two-way communication system which allows customers to receive personalized, real time assistance “and answers to any questions they may have;”
- four fueling lanes offering high flow transit nozzles and a 16 GGE/gasoline gallon equivalent-per-minute flow rate to minimize driver time spent off-road; and
- a spacious, three acre lot to comfortably accommodate the wide turning radius of tractors with 53 foot trailers.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Spire Natural Gas Fueling Solutions with Fleets & Fuels follow-up