Proposals to California Agency Due August 21, Workshop July 22
The California Energy Commission has $1.65 million to fund demonstration projects that convert used medium-duty gasoline and diesel vehicles to all-electric drive. updated June 21
The goals of the CEC imitative, detailed under (program opportunity notice) PON-13-602, are to
- increase a fleet’s positive experience with electric vehicle technology;
- identify conversion compatibilities with specific vehicles and vehicle classes;
- develop guidelines for conversions including, but not limited to, minimum parts that must be included and minimum installation requirements;
- determine the warranty requirements for conversion components;
- ensure that any existing vehicle warranties are not voided as a result of repowering, or comparable replacement warranty is provided; and
- identify and address technical issues of zero-emission electric truck conversions.
CEC will take written questions until the date of a pre-application workshop in Sacramento on July 22.
Answers will be disseminated by August 7, and proposals are due August 21.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: CEC with Fleets & Fuels follow-up