Momentum Continues to Gather for Pre-Eminent Clean Vehicle Event
Organizers of ACT Expo have released details about the Women in ACT Summit being held on Monday, May 4 at the start of the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo in Texas.
ACT Expo 2015 runs May 4-7 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas. The event is North America’s largest for alternative fuels and advanced transportation technologies.
Organizer (and Fleets & Fuels publisher) Gladstein, Neandross & Associates (GNA) expects more than 200 exhibitors in three ACT Expo halls. Presenting sponsors are the returning Propane Education & Research Council and first-time Nissan Leaf as the Electric Drive Transportation Association has joined as an ACT Expo 2015 partner.
GNA Backs WTS International
Attendees at the Women in ACT Summit can expect to gain valuable insight from female transportation leaders spanning the political, civic, and private sectors on
- the economic benefits of gender diversity in corporate leadership;
- how to attract and retain women in the transportation industry; and
- the ways that women excel at effecting change and inspiring innovation.
The Women in ACT Summit is sponsored by Ford and organized with WTS International. Washington, D.C.-based WTS International this month announced a new partnership with GNA, marking the first such financial commitment from transportation’s environmental sector.
“GNA is excited to officially be a partner of WTS International,” said Erik Neandross, CEO at GNA.
‘A Diverse Range of Perspectives’
“As the nation works to resolve its climate change and air quality issues, it’s vital that our transportation leaders – civic, political, and private sector – present a diverse range of perspectives in tackling these important issues.
“WTS International’s mission to facilitate the attraction, retention, and advancement of talented women in the transportation sector is well aligned with our goals at GNA,” Neandross said.
WTS president and CEO will provide opening and closing remarks at the Women in ACT Summit on the afternoon of May 4.
Other participants will include
Dyan Alexander, executive director, Women in Government;
- Pamela Burns, communications supervisor, North Central Texas Council of Governments and Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities Coalition coordinator;
- Heather Holsinger, environmental protection specialist for sustainable transport and climate change, Federal Highway Administration;
- Lynn Lyon, director, Texas Clean Transportation Triangle;
- Margo Oge, former director of OTAQ the U.S. EPA’s Office of Transportation Air Quality;
- Marcy Rood Werpy, principal environmental analyst, Argonne National Laboratory Center for Transportation Research;
- Ellen Voie, president and CEO, Women in Trucking;
- Sheryl Connelly, manager for global consumer trends and futuring, Ford;
- Dawn Fenton, director of government and public affairs, Volvo Group North America;
- Elizabeth Fretheim, director, logistics sustainability, Walmart;
- Natalie Putnam, global marketing VP, Ryder Systems; and
- Jennifer Sockel, senior VP Human Resources, Penske.
GNA has released a stunning ACT Expo 2015 event preview which you can download by clicking here.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with Fleets & Fuels follow-up