Speakers Announced for Cal Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Summit
The California Hydrogen Business Council is gearing up for its 2016 California Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Summit, taking place at the California Environmental Protection Agency headquarters building in Sacramento October 5-6. CHBC Member Day, with committee and sector action group meetings, is October 4.
“This Summit is being held at a pivotal time for hydrogen and fuel cells,” CHBC says. “Markets like forklift trucks and backup power for telecommunications are growing, stationary power and energy storage projects are operating and under development, and fuel cell vehicles and buses can be seen in increasing numbers on California roads…
“Challenges remain in building the necessary hydrogen infrastructure,” CHBC says, mentioning financing, the building of sustainable supply chains for the manufacture and servicing of equipment, overcoming regulatory and permitting barriers for energy storage and hydrogen fueling, and educating the public – all issues to be addressed at the October meeting.
Confirmed keynote speakers for the CHBC Summit are
- PG&E/Pacific Gas & Electric corporate strategy VP Mallik Angalakudati;
- American Honda assistant environment and energy strategy VP Robert Bienenfeld;
- Angelina Galiteva of the California ISO Board of Governors, Renewables 100 Policy Institute;
- CARB/California Air Resources Board chair Mary Nichols; and
- Cliff Rechtschaffen, senior adviser to the Office of Governor Jerry Brown.
Separately, CHBC will host a one-day workshop on available hydrogen and fuel cell solutions to meet the emissions reduction goals of ports on November 10. (F&F, September 11).
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: CHBC with Fleets & Fuels follow-up