Integrated Tank Valve Regulator Available Globally
Westport’s Impco Technologies unit is offering a new Hydrogen Integrated Tank Valve Regulator under its GFI brand. The 350 bar/5,000 psi H-ITVR is available for global markets.
“The H-ITVR simplifies fuel cell systems and reduces cost using an integrated two stage regulator architecture to provide regulated stable low pressure directly from the hydrogen fuel cylinder,” Impco says.
“GFI’s in-tank design protects the high pressure solenoid in case of impact and environmental conditions such as thermal shock, water instruction and corrosion.
Low-Pressure Double Injector
“Additionally, a low-pressure durable injector controls the flow of hydrogen to the fuel cell module.”
Key features of the Impco/GFI hydrogen regulator include:
- regulated low pressure output direct from cylinder;
- low and high pressure solenoid-operated valves;
- a manual valve for service flexibility;
- multiple SAE J1926 ports available for optional pressure relief valves and sensors;
- 12V or 24V options available, pulse width modulation option available;
- an integral temperature sensor for fast fill interface;
- an integral thermal PRD/pressure relief device; and
- an integrated and serviceable high pressure filter.
The regulator or tank valve can be independently serviced.
Further, the manufacturer says, “the H-ITVR has been selected by a leading original equipment manufacturer of fuel cell systems for its innovative design, performance and durability; and it has been incorporated into their new generation of products starting in 2016.”
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Westport-Impco with Fleets & Fuels follow-up