There will be at least three presentations on natural gas fuel as British Columbia Ferry Services – BC Ferries – hosts CFOA 2012, the annual general meeting and conference of the Canadian Ferry Operators Association, at the Victoria Conference Centre and Fairmont Empress hotel September 17-18 in Victoria, B.C.
- François Bertrand of STQ, Societé des Traversiers du Québec, is to discuss Introduction of LNG to Passenger Vessels (draft title),
- Bill Lind of ABS Americas will give a presentation on LNG as Fuel for Ferry Operators,
- Paul Evans of Encana will discuss LNG Fuel for Ferry Operations,
- Elena Corin of Rolls-Royce Canada will give a presentation titled Environmental Technologies for Ferry Operators, and
- John Hatley, Wärtsilä North America VP, will discuss Advances in Natural Gas Fueled Ferries.
“Ferries are a vital part of Canada’s transportation system [yet] the public profile of ferries in Canada is not high,” BC Ferries president and CEO Mike Corrigan says on the event website. “We encourage you to engage in critical debate on the state of all aspects of ferry infrastructure.”
Other scheduled presentations include Ed Fort of Lloyd’s Register on Inshore Shipping – The Future for Marine Power Generation, Stuart Jones of the Ontario Ministry of Transportation on Diesel to Electric Power Conversion [of the] Howe Island Ferry, and Mark Mulligan of Capilano Maritime Design on Green Inshore Ferry Design.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Organizer and participants website information