SAE International has set August 28 for a conference on the impact of shale gas boom on natural gas vehicles.
SAE’s Bi-fuel Vehicles Production and the Impact of Natural Gas Vehicle Adoption, Shale Exploration, and CNG Infrastructure conclave will be held at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pa.
‘What Impact Does All This Have?’
“The development of natural gas vehicles, both for fleets and for individual vehicles, is taking off without government subsidies and the fuel is gaining acceptance for transportation by the general public,” SAE says. “What impact does all this have on the development of new vehicles?”
At the Pittsburgh conference, “Experts weigh in on the effects of Marcellus and Utica Shale as well as CNG infrastructure developments and policy issues,” SAE says.
Scheduled speakers include
- Kent Wilkinson, natural gas ventures VP at Chesapeake Energy,
- Joyce Mattman, director of commercial product and specialty vehicles at General Motors,
- Roe East, on highway natural gas business GM at Cummins,
- Jeff Clarke, general counsel and director of regulatory affairs at NGVAmerica, and
- Peggy Williams, editorial director at sponsor Hart Energy.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: SAE International