Launches Program for OUL Engines with Baker Equipment
Landi Renzo USA is offering dual fuel engine conversions for trucks, starting with the 12.7-liter Detroit Diesel S60 engine, which it’s demonstrating in a Freightliner glider. Landi has teamed with Baker Equipment to tackle the OUL (outside useful life) market, says sales director Ryan Waltz.
The proprietary, Landi Renzo-engineered system allows fleet operators to take advantage of the growing compressed natural gas fueling network in the U.S. and “displace the majority of their diesel fuel usage with natural gas,” Landi says.
The firm reports
- average fuel displacement of up to 60%,
- noise reduction up to 40%,
- particulate matter reduction up to 40%,
- carbon dioxide reduction up to 14%, and
- smoke reduction up to 50%.
“Not only does this expand our current clean fuel product offering, but also it further promotes the increased use of natural gas as a fuel,” Landi Renzo USA president Andrea Landi said in a release.
Besides reducing pollution, the Landi Renzo dual fuel system
- results in performance comparable to the original engine in terms of torque, horsepower, and drivability;
- maintains and improves the emission levels of the original engine;
- is flexible for adaptation to different diesel engines;
- allows a switch back to 100% diesel if needed;
- requires less onboard CNG storage compared to a dedicated CNG vehicles; and
- allows extended range compared to a truck’s original diesel system.
“While this specific dual fuel CNG system is new to the U.S. market, Landi Renzo has successfully deployed this technology globally on applications that include Fiat, Mercedes-Benz, Volkswagen, Ford, Hyundai and Renault diesel engines,” the company says.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Landi Renzo USA with Fleets & Fuels follow-up