Ryder Sponsors Fleet Owner-ACT Expo Webinar December 16
“Before you add natural gas vehicles to your fleet, make sure you know the answers to the most mission-critical questions about running natural gas trucks.” That’s the word from the organizers of the Should Your Fleet Go Blue? webinar sponsored by Ryder System.
The speakers are Cummins Westport marketing director Jeff Campbell and Anheuser-Busch transportation engineering director Billy Lawder.
- the facts behind the “range wars;”
- choosing a dedicated or dual-fuel natural gas vehicle;
- NGV performance characteristics;
- requirements and tips for maintaining NGVs, including technician training options and shop specs;
- pumping natural gas fuel;
- vehicle weight considerations;
- natural gas tank choices, placement issues and mandatory inspections;
- driver training and satisfaction;
- total cost of operation versus diesel; and
- residual values and the resale market.
The free, one-hour session “is designed to offer an in-depth look at the real nuts and bolts of operating natural gas vehicles – from purchase to resale.”