ACT Expo organizers have teamed with TMC, the American Trucking Associations’ Technology and Maintenance Council, to host a Natural Gas Project Development Workshop on the morning of Thursday, May 7.
Admission is included with registration for the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo taking place May 4-7 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in Dallas.
The ACT Expo TMC workshop will cover all the steps necessary to field NGVs, from return on investment analysis to deployment.
Fleet managers who have successfully deployed NGVs will discuss
- grant funding and unconventional financing opportunities;
- vehicle and equipment selection;
- garage modifications and vehicle maintenance;
- fuel procurement and fueling station development; and
- employee training.
Opening remarks will be delivered by Jason Isaac of the Texas House of Representatives.
A Fuel, Infrastructure, and Training Panel will be moderated by ATA maintenance, information technology and logistics VP Carl Kirk. Fuel procurement, vehicle maintenance, and technical training for personnel will be covered, and there will be a live demonstration of equipment for bringing maintenance garages into compliance with safety regulations.
The panelists are
- Sean Turner, chief operating officer at ACT Expo organizer (and Fleets & Fuels publisher) Gladstein, Neandross & Associates: Basics of Fuel & Infrastructure Procurement;
- Annalloyd Thomason, co-founder and general manager of the Las Vegas-based Natural Gas Vehicle Institute: Technician Training: An Ongoing Strategy, Not a One-Time Event
- Wally Dubno, sales manager for facility modification services at Clean Energy Fuels: New Low-Cost NGV Facility Modification Solution; and
- Corey Miller, alt fuel market specialist with Sierra Monitor Corp with Mark Butler, City of Los Angeles Department of General Services project manager: Preparing Your AFV Maintenance Facilities to Meet Today’s Safety Requirements & Regulations.
A Fleet Success Stories Panel will be moderated by Jim Mele, editor-in-chief of Fleet Owner. Attendees will gain insight from experienced fleet operators who have successfully deployed NGVs. They’ll discuss ROI assessment and how to secure C-suite/upper management approval, how to leverage grants and incentives to decrease capital costs, and how NGVs can help enlist new customers.
The panelists are
- Mike DelBovo, president, Saddle Creek Transportation: How to Leverage Natural Gas to Grow Your Business;
- Scott Perry, supply management and global fuel products VP, Ryder Fleet Management Solutions: Full Service and Support for Your NGV Project: Fleet Leasing, Rentals, Maintenance, & Operations; and
- Tony Eiermann, fleet manager, asset and value management, Coca-Cola Refreshments: How to Convince Your Executive Team to Green Light an AFV Project.
Space is limited. You can secure a place in TMC’s Natural Gas Project Development Workshop when you register for a full ACT Expo 2015 conference pass.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Gladstein, Neandross & Associates with Fleets & Fuels follow-up