Five Events Addressing Natural Gas Fuel for Truck Fleets
Southern California Gas is gearing up for a series of evening workshops to educate local Southern California fleet operators about the benefits of converting their trucks natural gas.
The five events are slated for
May 12 at the Riverside Convention Center in Riverside (Inland Empire);
- May 19 at Hodel’s Country Dining in Bakersfield (San Joaquin Valley);
- July 14 at Banning’s Landing Community Center in Wilmington (Los Angeles);
- September 15 at Bully’s East Restaurant in San Diego; and
- October 14 at the SoCalGas Energy Resource Center in Downey (Los Angeles).
Representatives from SoCalGas, local and state funding agencies, natural gas truck manufacturers, and fleet operators are to address
- the NGV business case and funding the switch to natural gas trucks;
- natural gas fueling, including infrastructure location, accessibility, and cost; and
- the SoCalGas Truck Loan Program.
All of the workshops are slated to start at 5:30pm and run three hours. They are to include a no-cost dinner and display of natural gas-powered Class 8 tractor trucks.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: SoCalGas with Fleets & Fuels follow-up