Four CNG Systems, One Propane, Three Different Hybrids,
Taking Over & Moving Westport’s Canada Pickup Operation
Leggett & Platt CVP is advising customers of a full range of gaseous fuel and hybrid drive offerings at this week’s NTEA Work Truck Show in Indianapolis. The firm is ranging beyond CNG for Ford vans using Landi Renzo USA hardware to CNG systems for GM and Chrysler vehicles, propane autogas for a wide range of vehicles, and hybrids: electric, plug-in electric, and hydraulic.
Leggett & Platt CVP’s new sales and marketing manager is Brad Wagoner, who cut his alt fuels teeth on compressed natural gas with BAF Technologies (now Westport). But, he told F&F, “In many cases that’s not the only application that’s going to work.
“I want us to be a fuel-neutral company,” Wagoner says. “We want to be able to provide everything to the fleets so they can make an educated decision.”
So, at WTS 2014, Leggett & Platt is providing information on CNG systems for
- Ford and GM vehicles from Landi Renzo-Baytech;
- CNG systems for Chrysler-Dodge vehicles from NatGasCar;
- CNG systems for Ford Transit Connect vans from Altech-Eco;
- CNG systems for a wide range of Ford trucks from Westport; and
- propane autogas systems from Icom North America – which it notes holds U.S. EPA certifications for more than 600 vehicle platforms.
Leggett & Platt’s three hybrid offerings are
- hybrid electric upfits using equipment from XL Hybrids;
- plug in hybrid electric upfits with equipment from Echo Automotive; and
- hydraulic hybrid conversions using gear from Lightning Hybrids.
Leggett & Platt is taking over conversions of Ford F-250 and F-350 pickups to CNG-gasoline bi-fuel operation performed by Westport in Windsor, Ont. Going forward, Leggett & Platt will handle the work in Oakville, outside Toronto.
Leggett & Platt is to open a new ship-through facility, primarily for Ford F-150 pickup and Transit van work, in Kansas City this month. The facility is located five miles from the Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant, allowing Leggett & Platt customers to take advantage of low transportation and upfit costs.
Contact information is only available to premium subscribers. Click here to purchase a subscription.
Source: Fleets & Fuels for ShowTimes for NTEA Work Truck Show 2014