First Northern California Edition of Clean Vehicle Event
Organizers are refining the agenda for the Bay Area AltCar Expo, the first Northern California edition of the Friday-Saturday/fleet-public clean vehicle show, slated for March 14-15 the Craneway Pavilion in Richmond, outside San Francisco.
Their mission is to “provide a very accessible and comprehensive setting where both industry and general public can discover existing alternatives to the way they use energy and transportation and motivate everyone to take further action.”
Conference, expo and two-day ride-and-drive are free.
Scheduled speakers on Friday, March 14 include
- Randall Winston of the Office of Gov. Jerry Brown,
- Jon Coleman of Ford,
- Steve Ellis of Honda,
- Jeannie Lam of Nissan,
- Christine Kehoe of the California Plug-In Electric Vehicle Collaborative,
- Tim Lipman of the Transportation Sustainability Research Center at UC Berkeley,
- Richard Battersby of UC Davis and the East Bay Clean Cities Coalition,
- Steve Heminger of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission,
- U.S. EPA regional administrator Jared Blumenthal, and
- executive officer Jack Broadbent and deputy Damian Breen of BAAQMD, the San Francisco-headquartered Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
Janea Scott of the California Energy Commission is the featured speaker on Friday.
Saturday’s emphasis is the AltCar display of alternative fuel vehicles.
The Texas AltCar Expo, now in its fifth year, is being held March 27-29 at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, Texas. It includes the Propane Engine Fuel Summit on March 27.
Santa Monica’s flagship AltCar Expo, the ninth annual, will be held September 19-20 at the Santa Monica Civic Center in Santa Monica, Calif.
The meetings are organized by Platia Productions.
Platia, Christine Dzilvelis, 310-390-2930, ext 3; mobile 707-823-1031; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Source: Platia Productions with Fleets & Fuels follow-up